Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anecdote

Yes, hi. It's been a while.

Today I was walking home from school at the very lovely time of about three thirty. Very innocently, I was strolling along the path that runs beside the creek when i saw a man on the opposite side to me.

He was standing under the upcoming bridge holding a bag of some description and wearing one of those helicopter caps with "propellers" on top. As I got closer, I could see his bag contained bread crumbs and he was tossing them out to the large flock of pigeons under the bridge on his side of the creek with him.

As strange as that may have been, I took little notice and continued about my business. 

Right then, just as I was walking past him, I heard it.
He called "Pebbles! Come get some more!" to one of the birds.
And that was it, I couldn't take it anymore. I had to run up the bank and up to the side walk of one to the main streets just so I could let out my laughter without insulting him.

This added 15 extra minutes to my journey. 
Worth it though, I just couldn't keep the giggles in.

Hannah
xx

No comments: